Students working on getting money for college can get free help navigating federal student aid and scholarship paperwork at College Goal Oregon, to be held 9 am to 2 pm, Saturday, January 12 at Chemeketa Community College.
Experts will be available to help students and their families fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and scholarship applications at both the Salem (Bldg. 6, Rm. 101/102) and Yamhill Valley (Bldg. 1, Rm. 101) campuses.
All are invited, whether you are a high school student or are returning to college. High school students are encouraged to have a parent come along, if possible. You do not have to be planning to enroll at Chemeketa to get help.
All the following documents should be brought to help fill out the forms:
- Federal tax return. If you haven’t filed taxes yet, you can estimate.
- Current value of assets (cash, checking, savings, investments, etc.)
- Social Security numbers of student and parents (if any)
- Driver’s license (if any)
- Alien registration card (if you are not a U.S. citizen)
Find more information on College Goal Oregon at www.collegegoaloregon.org.