Chemeketa’s Board of Education decided on a preliminary plan to find the college’s next president during a special public meeting on April 29.
Cheryl Roberts will end her tenure as Chemeketa president on June 30. She has accepted a new position as president at Shoreline Community College in Washington.
Starting July 1, an interim president will take office who will serve until a permanent president is hired. The interim president will be a current Chemeketa employee with broad experience and knowledge of college operations and will not be a candidate for the permanent presidency. The Board will vote to name an interim president at its regular meeting on May 21.
The board has also approved a preliminary timeline for its presidential search:
- October: College and community forums will be held
- November: The position will be opened and a search committee composed of board members, faculty, staff, students and community representatives will be formed
- January 2015: The committee will begin screening candidates
- February 2015: Finalists will be interviewed
- March/April 2015: New president will be announced