The Chemeketa Board of Education has appointed 15 people to the committee that will screen applicants for the Chemeketa district president position.
Members of the Chemeketa Presidential Search Advisory Committee are –
- Christy Perry, Superintendent, Salem-Keizer Public Schools
- Alex Sanchez, Emeritus Professor, Oregon State University, Community College Leadership Program
- Kevin Angulo, student
- Maricruz Reyes, student
- Elias Villegas, dean
- Tim Rogers, associate chief operations officer
- Yolanda Martinez, faculty
- Patricia Antoine, faculty
- Charles Sekafetz, faculty
- Terry Rohse, instructional coordinator
- Kathy Saunders, department assistant
- Linda Kaufmann, student services specialist
- Ron Pittman, Chemeketa Board of Education
- Ed Dodson, Chemeketa Board of Education
- Diane Watson, Chemeketa Board of Education
“We are so grateful for the interest and commitment of these committee members,” said Andrew Bone, Chemeketa interim vice president.
College-wide communications invited nominees, and senior executives also reached out to employee and student associations asking them to recommend candidates. The college executive team forwarded recommendations from that pool of candidates to the Board of Education.
The application period for the district president position is scheduled to close January 5, 2015, and the advisory committee will recommend finalists for further consideration to the Chemeketa Board of Education.