Small Business Development Center
At Chemeketa Center for Business & Industry
chemeketa students

Entrepreneurship 101 Series

By Chemeketa SBDC

Entrepreneurship 101 Series

Developing your business idea and need more information on how to start? You’re not alone! This series covers all the essential information you need to make an informed decision about moving forward with your business idea.

1st Tuesday
Self-Employment — Am I cut out for the life of an entrepreneur?
We’ll explore what it’s really like to be self-employed and how to know your weak spots to ensure your business’ success.

Economic Feasibility — How do I know my idea will fly?
Most business owners are confident their idea will work, but don’t know why. This class will give you more certainty.

2nd Tuesday
Rules and Regulations — How to keep the government happy.

With business comes oversight. Learn where to find out what rules and regulations apply to your business idea and keep yourself out of trouble.

Financing & Loans — How do I fund my start-up?
There’s a lot of misinformation about grants and loans out there. Come get the complete scoop so you can plan your start up finances with confidence.

Comments from past participants:

• “This class has helped answer many of my questions about going into business.”
  • “Joanne is very informative, if she does not have an answer, she guides you to where you may find it. Really great person and professional.”
  • “It gave me a clear direction for starting my business and provided me with relevant resources to achieve my business goals.”

Time: 12:30 – 2:30 pm
Instructor: Joanne Scharer
Location: Chemeketa Center for Business & Industry, 626 High Street NE, Downtown Salem
Cost: FREE
Registration and Information: 503.399.5088

About Chemeketa SBDC

We provide the tools and environment for small business owners to make great decisions.

This entry was posted in SBDC News & Info, Start-up. Bookmark the permalink.