Educators play an important role throughout our lives. There is a high demand for educators throughout Oregon and the United States. Chemeketa's education programs provide multiple paths for students to become educators and succeed in these careers.
topics Service Professions
Skills & InterestHelping People
Why choose Education?
The leadership, communication, public speaking, and teaching skills you learn in education courses can open doors to many professions:
- Social worker and counselor
- Business trainer and management
- Elementary, middle, and high school teacher
- College professor, advisor, and student life staff
What will you learn?
Offered in multiple locations and formats, Chemeketa’s education classes will help you learn the foundations of teaching.
- Introduction to education
- Classroom experiences
- Foundations of the education system
- Instructional strategies
- Classroom management
- Student learning and development
- Children's literature and literacy development
- Using technology in education
- Culturally responsive pedagogy
- Teaching bilingual and English languages
- Inclusion: Working with all students
What will you do?
- Complete your Education transfer degree.
- Access experiences and funding opportunities that support education certifications, teaching licensure, education careers, and promote bilingual educators.
- Take classes that are offered in multiple locations and in virtual and remote options.
To find out more information about the education programs and funding opportunities use the links at the left.